Sunday, June 10, 2007

"She looked at me over her shoulder"

More about Amy from my friend Linda... a great story:
We got her from the Humane Society. My husband went in to look at the dogs as I can't do it because I will want them all. I waited in the visitor's room. He brought Amy in. I had told him I wanted a small dog. When I saw Amy (50+ lbs.), I told him that I really wanted a small dog. As he was taking her out of the room, she looked at me over her shoulder. That was it. She was my dog from that moment on. She had always been glued to me. If I went up and down the stairs 50 times a day, so would she. She was 1-1/2 years old when we got her. The Humane Society said she had been tied up outside all the time. I am just thankful that I was able to give her a better life than she had for the first year and a half of her life.

No comments: