Sunday, June 01, 2008

Remember to tip your pinsetter


Went bowling Friday night at a place where the pins are reset by hand... there are only three pins per lane... the bowling balls are only 4-5 inches in diameter... you get up to three throws per frame! The place was The Corner Bar, a 140-year-old joint in old-town St. Charles. It was a fundraiser for Pet's Second Chance - Corgi Rescue, the group through which I am fostering Bose. The game is called "cocked hat pin bowling." The folks who work at The Corner Bar said that it's the only place in the whole world that still offers this kind of bowling! It was a lot of fun. For more information, click on the photo below and read its caption and "mouse-over" notes.
3-pin bowling lanes

4 comments:

Amy said...

At first thought, it seems like it would be easier than regular bowling. But maybe not -- I know when I only have two or three pins left to hit in regular bowling, I end up in the gutter and they're all still standing. I'd probably be the person to accidentally deck the pinsetter!

Did Bose get to bowl too?!

Tom Myler (scoodog) said...

It was kind of hard! I experienced some beginner's luck, and then started to doing TERRIBLE! :)

No Corgi's were allowed... so Bose had to stay home...

Linda and Corgis said...

We all had a wonderfult evening, but yes, it's HARD! If gutter balls counted for points, I would have been the winner. ;-)

Chilly Dog said...

Hi. I did not get to bowl, and I am not even a corgi. I probably would have been very good. No big deal; I spent Friday night calling voters in Porto Ricko for my good friend Hillary. I think that it helped her win there. Go Hillary!

Chilly Dog.