Saturday, February 02, 2008

Good food

At the Whole Foods Market earlier today, I ran across something quite delicious. It's a lentil dip called Azeefa. Free samples of it were being offered, and wow -- was it delicious! I tasted (and subsequently purchased) the Azeefa-Hot variety (flavored with spicy jalapeno peppers and lime). There are two other varieties, Medium and Mild.

A couple of noteworthy reasons for writing about this. This dip is 100% vegan -- no animal products of any kind went into the making of it. (It feels good to not fund the mistreatment of animals whenever possible.) Also, the kitchen that makes the Azeefa dip is a startup business in St. Louis -- Berhanu Organic, located on Washington Avenue. Its founder, Sine Berhanu, shown in the accompanying photo, was a delight to talk with.

And she makes a pretty awesome (and nutricious) dip, too!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have also tried Azeefa, and found it to be exhilarating. Well worth the price of admission. Azeefa will be the staple dip of all my parties going forward.

Anonymous said...

It's awesome....nuf said.

Anonymous said...

I tried the Azeefa at Whole Foods yesterday at the Naperville, IL, store. I also purchased it. What a hit it is. It is soooooo good. It will be a purchase I will always make as part of my regular shopping. It is addicting. So good.

Karol said...

I absolutely love the Azeefa hot lentil dip. Totally addicting. It has a clean, but lively flavor.

Kandas said...

I tried Azeefa Hot and it is the most wonderful tasting bean dip I have ever had! It's organic, healthy, very reasonably priced and made in the STL.